APPLY TO SUN
We are pleased that you will be applying to Southwestern University. The extraordinary opportunities, resources and experiences of our university awaits you.
Admission to SUN is highly selective. We receive applications from every state, allowing us to enroll an unusually bright, talented and diverse student body. In addition, we actively seek students with a variety of interests, talents, goals and experiences.
We welcome fresh students, transfer students and international students to our campus. Each of these student groups has specific application requirements. Please consult the information that pertains to your application status to determine your requirements, deadlines and scholarship opportunities.
We encourage students to submit their application online using either the SUN Online Application method or the Walk-in Application method. Both are considered equally you should submit the application you prefer and do not need to do both applications.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION (CONVERSION, MAIN & IKEJA CAMPUS)
- Go to https://mysun.edu.ng
- Click on ‘New Applicant for Admission’ and create your portal login account by entering your Name, Email, and Phone. Check your email for your assigned username and temporary password.
- Login with your username and password on the same portal.
- After login, select your preferred Campus (CONVERSION, IKEJA or MAIN).
- Follow the instructions and complete your application by entering the required details in the spaces provided. Each tab opens up automatically after completing the previous one.
- Pay your application fee online after submitting your online form. You can pay with ATM card or USSD or Bank Transfer.
- Kindly login back after 24hrs to check status of your admission, pay your acceptance fees, and print your admission letter.
FEES PAYMENT PROCEDURE BY STUDENTS
- Go to https://mysun.edu.ng
- Login with your username and password.
- Click on ‘My personal profile’ link and update your email and phone number. This is compulsory for payment and notifications.
- Click on ‘MY FINANCE’ link on the left panel after login in, and select sub-menu link – ‘Fees & Invoice History’.
- Click on any of your unpaid fees(School fees, Development fee, Technology fee), follow the instructions and make your payment online using one of the channels (CARD, USSD, Bank Transfers, Account Transfer)
- Student can also credit his wallet with any amount and make payment for any outstanding invoice bill when he/she has sufficient amount in virtual wallet.
Advice for submitting your application
- Put your name and date of birth on each page of your supporting documents. This information facilitates accurate placement of your supporting documents in your admissions file.
- Make sure to use your legal (official) name and check that your name is the same on all documents that you submit.
- Proofread before submitting your application and supporting documents.
- Send everything together. Submitting all your supporting documents, including your high school transcript and recommendations, in one package reduces the chances that documents will get misplaced or separated during processing.
BEFORE APPLYING TO SUN
Southwestern University is an exciting place to spend your college years. We are a highly selective and competitive private institution that enrolls a bright, talented and diverse student body. We seek students who have the academic preparation, motivation, interests and character to thrive and succeed at SUN and the greatest potential to contribute to the life of our University.
Whether you are a senior secondary school senior about to embark on the college selection process or a student just entering high school, we encourage you to make the most of your college search. Meet with the SUN admissions officers who travel to your area, visit our campuses, ask questions of our faculty and students and talk with your guidance counselor to learn as much as you can about SUN. We know you will find that SUN is a dynamic and extraordinary University.
Paying For College
A college education is one of the most significant investments you can make, and financing a private college education is an important family commitment. SUN has been recognized at the national level for its proactive steps to address the challenges of financing post-secondary education, and we invite you to learn more about the opportunities you have to make a SUN education possible.
We believe that an education at Southwestern University will provide you with a world-class education and life-changing experience that you will not find anywhere else. We work to make a SUN education a possibility for every family and encourage you to explore the benefits of studying at SouthWestern University.
Our unique fixed tuition plan enables every family to know the cost of tuition for the entire academic career of their student. So while tuition at other colleges and universities is subject to annual increases, the cost of a SUN education at once set remains constant. Our guaranteed-financial assistance program gives families a measure of certainty in forecasting need-based financial aid packages from year to year.
SUN offers students and families the option of spreading tuition payments over a certain amount of months.